- Get rid of toxic and immature friends. It’s hard to imagine where your life could take you and to see the possible great things that could come your way unless you get rid of people in your life who are constantly negative, gossiping, causing drama/stress in your life. Last year, I went through a cleanse where I got rid of almost all of my friends because I had bigger plans for myself for the future, but my friends were just a distraction. I was immensely influenced by the company I kept, therefore, I became a huge party girl like my previous close friends. However, one day I took a step back and realized that I need to make a change in order to become the successful woman that I desire to become. I wanted to become mature, take better care of my body/health, dress better, make hard-working friends, and learn communication skills with members of different cultures. It’s difficult to distant yourself from people who you’re most comfortable with and have been friends with you for so long, but sometimes you have to let go of a few unhealthy friendships to gain loving, positively influencing, and successful peers in your life who will help you reach your goals rather than standing in the way of them. “Birds of a feather flock together”… Always remember that when you pick your friends. If your friends are scrubs, you’re a scrub too, but if your friends are fabulous, then you are fabulous.
- Break a sweat everyday. It isn’t about losing weight, but to feel active and productive. By sweating everyday, it means you must go for a walk/run, hike, bike ride, swim, or any physical activity that will get your heart rate pumping and your sweat glands working. This way, your energy level will rise, your metabolism will quicken, and your mood will boost! So grab a partner or some headphones and move!
- Eat healthy. Eat whole foods, less animal products, more vegetables, and small portions of everything to feel light, yet energized. I found that by eating healthy, even when I’m on vacation, I am more energized and I feel more in control of my life.
- Set a goal and put all your energy and focus into it. Have you ever set a goal for yourself and almost reached the end but quit at the very last minute? Probably, but I bet you didn’t notice how close you were to accomplishing that goal before you gave up. During the process of reaching your goal, you must focus all your energy and focus towards it; do not get side-tracked by other desires. Of course it’s possible to set more than one goal for yourself, but I suggest pacing yourself so you don’t become too overwhelmed. Also, when you begin doubting your dreams, it’s important to remind yourself why you set this goal in the first place. If you have a difficult time inspiring yourself, find some inspiration in other people. You can do this by talking to strangers, reading blogs/books, and watching movies. So, remember to stay focused, consistent, focused, and inspired.
- You have to give a shit. Whatever you have planned ahead of your day, do it like you mean it. You have to give a shit about your life (success, appearance, education, relationships, body, etc) in order to live a happy and healthy life. For example, if you’re in school and you create a negative image about the school environment, you will most likely be less successful than if you were to give a shit about your education and try your best in school. The more things you do with love and passion, the easier your task becomes and the outcome will look much brighter.